Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Miss National Queen 2012 Experiences


“I believe in ‘Live and Let Live’. I cherish every moment of my life. I am glad to born and yes I know I have to make this uncertain but precious life worthy. This is me, Sudha Subedi contestant no. 3 from Tinthana, Kathmandu. I love travelling, exploring and experiencing different things. I spend my time volunteering in different social organizations, reading, cooking and in social media. Academically m studying Social work and Social work is my passion. I love working for people and helping them to help themselves and I will be doing it my entire life.”

This was my introduction which I prepared for introduction round of Miss National Queen 2012. Defining you and expressing it proudly in mass that was not very easy thing to do. I was free, not chained in the job of 9-5 but yet was busy in some volunteering and social work stuffs and result awaiting student of Bachelor 3rd year. It was evening time around 9:30pm I was reading Kantipur daily at the left corner on the second page  I saw small advertisement of Miss National Queen 2012 and next day was the deadline. Without any second thought I said to myself, “I have to do this. This is the right time. It’s now or never and gonna be totally different experience for me which will help be create another awesome new pages of my life story.” Next day I filled up the form and for the high registration and training cost of Rs 7500/- .I had that money in my Piggy bank which I saved few months’ earlier thinking to do something I really want.

Many people have their own perception and they take Beauty pageant negatively. They have their own perception. But I did not find it wrong. Girls express themselves with good body language, walk and talk confidently with dignity and self respect and most importantly they are judged by their intelligence by the answers they gave in a fraction of second in presence of hundreds of people. That’s not a small or very easy thing to do. It’s a challenge and I was ready for that challenge. I wanted to experience that feeling and give my best. Many people were surprised by my desire but it was my secret hidden dream since my teenage school days. Flying bird in the sky can’t know pain of the fish floating in the river. That’s why I thought to float I thought to go inside the different world of Beauty Pageant and experience on my own before deciding Beauty pageant wrong or right.

The training started with other 19 beautiful girls who were completely unknown to me and our choreographer was Rojin Shakya. I was in grade 9 when I was about 14years old, first time I read his article. Since then I started reading his many articles regularly specially in Saptahik. I heard read his names lots of time in media and that time I really wanted to meet him. And he was our choreographer. YAYYY!! JThe first difficult task was walking in 4 inches high heels during training session. Legs hurt like hell in first few days but after few days I became habituated to it. I never thought walking would be so difficult. Walking like a march of army starting always with left leg and managing posture, turns, hands and smile on your face. I must say was not easy. Not only walking, Rojin sir groomed us by various ways by teaching good posture, body language, good presentation and also made us prepared for question answer round by asking various questions each day and informing about every current issue. Besides that, I also practiced lot. Google was my friend. Watched many you tube videos, explored many sites for tips to win pageant. Mainly I was scared of question answer round because you have no idea what kind of answer you would be asked. That’s why I learned lot studied lot about women’s issue; laws related to women, child, youth, tourism, politics and almost every sector so that I can have a firm opinion about everything. I felt like I was preparing for the final exam. Photo shoot with the professional camera person was another different experience for me but I was in fact very nervous at that time as I am bit camera phobic. But after photo shoot and facing camera in various interview in Television, newspaper and other more photo shoot help me get rid of that phobia.

It was 22nd March; the grand finale of Miss National Queen 2012. Early morning I thought that this will be the lifetime experience and I will be enjoying it and hoped that I won’t be nervous and will be able to present and express confidently. Being in the stage with very bright light in your eyes and hundreds of people watching you and all you have to do is maintain the constant smile in your face, walk confidently and more importantly express yourself, give the best opinion in whatever questions you are asked immediately. Yes, I faced it, experience it, took that challenge and it was indeed a wonderful journey, beautiful and different experience of my life. Nothing can substitute experience. When my name was called as 2nd runner up and I was crowned, honestly that crown made me felt like princess. J When I will be 80 years old it will be so much fun to share this experience and show the pictures of mine to my grand children. :D

Though I can’t generalize by just participating in one pageant but I think beauty pageant are not bad thing actually.  It’s a platform to explore you, groom yourself and gain lots of confidence and courage. At photo shoot I was asked, “Do you want to do glamour or simple photo shoot.” I said simple and my pictures were taken accordingly in some simple poses. All persons are not same and both positive and negative people are found everywhere but being exploited or being used by people completely depends upon you and no one has rights to force you, if anyone does than you should be bold or strong enough to stand against it.  “Bearing injustice is bigger sin than injustice.”










4 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this!! It was great reading about your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and Honest words as always.. I love this part " When I will be 80 years old it will be so much fun to share this experience and show the pictures of mine to my grand children. :D"
    Yup Memories are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes at the end things that we will treasure are all these memories we have been creating :)

      Delete